I am obsessed with this recipe. My food-neurosis typically associates muffins with guilt, the necessity to run 40 miles and eat solely kale for the next 4 weeks (that’s normal, right??), but no more! These guys are so yummy: made with whole-grain flour, have a healthy dose of flax, and aren’t super sweet since they’re sweetened up with just maple syrup and a banana. They are basically a blueberry pancake in muffin form. Not to mention the recipe is SUPER easy and CRAZY quick. Naturally, they have become my Sunday morning go-to and subsequent grab-and-go breakfast throughout the week. I may or may not fantasize about feeding them to my future children as the granola / tiger mom hybrid that inevitably awaits me in my life arc. Let’s just say I have big plans.
I mean, come on – isn’t this how you’d like to start your mornings:
- Preheat to 375F and line muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk and vinegar.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flax, flour, soda, cinnamon, salt).
- In another medium-sized bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (oil, syrup, banana, extracts, milk/vinegar mixture).
- Add wet to dry and stir until just combined.
- Mix in berries and spoon into paper liners.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for a bit and then devour!